(Common to all Branches)
Time: 3 hrs
Maximum Marks: 70
- Attempt all questions.
- Make suitable assumptions wherever necessary.
- Figures to the right indicate full marks.
- Use both the side of answer sheet.
- Lines, dimensions etc. should be as per BIS SP-46
- Retain all construction lines.
- All dimensions are in mm.
- Figures/sketches are not to the scale.
- Neatness is expected.
Ans: Refer article 7.15 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
1. b) Figure 2 shows two views of an object. Draw using first angle projection method, sectional elevation and plan. 7 marks
Ans: Refer Fig. 15.4 page 15.4 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
Ans: Refer problem 10.17 page 10.18 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
Ans: Refer problem 9.27 page 9.30 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
3. b) A square plate of side 60 mm is held on a corner on H.P Plate is inclined to the H.P. such that the plan of it is rhombuses with a diagonal of 30 mm. determine the angle it makes with H.P. The other diagonal is inclined at 45° V.P. Draw the projection of plate. 3 marks
Ans: Refer problem 13.7 page 13.7 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
5. b) A square pyramid, side of base 30 mm and axis length 50 mm is resting on the H.P. on its base with all sides equally inclined to V.P. it is cut by an AIP inclined at 45° to the H.P. and bisecting the axis. Draw development of lateral surface of the pyramid. 7 marks