Time: 10:30am-1:30pm (3 hrs)
Maximum Marks: 70
- Attempt any FIVE questions.
- Make suitable assumptions wherever necessary.
- Figures to the right indicate full marks.
- Each question carry equal marks.
.......i) When the cutting plane is perpendicular to the axis and cuts all the generators of a cone, the section obtained is a CIRCLE
.......ii) When the axis of a solid is parallel to both H.P. and V.P., the SIDE view will show the true shape and size of the base.
Ans: Refer problem 6.2 page 6.2 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
Ans: Similar to problem 9.21 page 9.25 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
3. b) A pentagonal pyramid of base edge 30 mm and height 60 mm rests on the HP such that one of its edge of base is parallel to and nearer to the VP. The pyramid is cut by a plane inclined 40º to the HP at 35 mm on axis from base of the pyramid. Draw the lateral development of the truncated pyramid. 7 marks
Ans: Similar to problem 10.24 page 10.25 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH. Problem is tough because there is a need to determine apparant angle.
4. a) Construct an Archimedean spiral of one and half convolutions given the greatest and shortest radii as 84 mm and the 00 mm respectively. Draw the tangent and normal at point 60 mm away from the pole. 7 marks
Ans: Refer problem 9.26 page 9.29 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
Ans: This problem is on the application of a straight lines.
5. a) A straight line AB 80 mm long is inclined at 30° to the HP and at 45° to the VP. Its mid point C is in the VP and 18 mm above the HP, while its end A is in the third quadrant, and the end B is in the first quadrant. Draw its projections. 7 marks
Ans: Refer article 1.1 page 1.1 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
Ans: Refer problem 12.24 pages 12.26 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
6. a) ABCD is tetrahedron of 60 mm long edge. The edge AB is in the H.P. The edge CD is inclined at an angle of 30° to the H.P. and 45° to the V.P. Draw the projections of the tetrahedron. 7 marks
elevation and the true shape of section. Take side of base 30 mm and height 75 mm. 7 marks
Ans: Refer problem 12.19 pages 12.21 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
7. a) Draw the isometric view from the following orthographic views. 10 marks
Ans: Refer article 13.1 page 13.1 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
Ans: Refer problems 13.29 to 13.26 pages 15.18-15.22 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.