Time: 10:30am-1:30pm (3 hrs)
Maximum Marks: 70
- Attempt any FIVE questions.
- Make suitable assumptions wherever necessary.
- Figures to the right indicate full marks.
- All questions are of 14 marks.
2. b) A line AB, 80 mm long, is inclined to HP by 30º and inclined to VP by 45º. The line is in first quadrant with point A 15mm above HP and 30mm in front of VP. Draw the projection of line AB.
Ans: Refer problem 9.15 page 9.15 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
2. c) Explain application of (i) Projection of Point (ii) Projection of Line.
Ans: Refer ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
Ans: Refer problem 9.25 page 9.29 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
3. b) A circular plate of negligible thickness having 70mm diameter is resting on HP on a point of the circumference. Plate is kept perpendicular to VP and inclined to the HP such that the plan of it is an ellipse of minor axis 40mm. Draw the projections.
Ans: Refer problem 10.23 (two stages only) page 10.24 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
3. c) Discuss application of oblique plane.
Ans: Refer ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH
4. a) Explain (i) Polyhedra (ii) Solid of revolution.
Ans: Refer article 11.2 page 11.1 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
Ans: Refer problem 11.20 page 11.22 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
Ans: Refer problem 12.2 page 12.5 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
5. a) A hexagonal prism of 40 mm side length of base and height 80 mm is resting on HP on its base with two edges of base is parallel to HP. A square hole of side length 20mm is drilled in the prism such that all the edges of square hole are equally inclined to HP and axis of square hall bisects the axis of prism. Draw development of surfaces of prism.
Ans: Refer problem 13.29 page 13.26 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH
Ans: Refer problem 13.9a pages 13.9 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
5. c) Explain: (i) Arc length in development of cone (ii) Application of Development of Surfaces.Ans: Refer chapter 13 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
6. a) Draw orthographic view (i) elevation (ii) top view (iii) left hand side view of the following figure 1,Use 1st angle projection system.
6. b) Explain types of Projection with application.
Ans: Refer chapter 7 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
7. a) Draw the Isometric view of the following figure 2.
Ans: Refer problems 15.12 pages 15.12 of ED - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
Overall: This is the simplest question paper ever released by GTU.