Time: 3 hrs
Maximum Marks: 100
Minimum Marks: 35
1. a. i) The head lamp reflector of a motor car has a maximum rim diameter of 130 mm and maximum depth of 100 mm. Draw the profile of the reflector and name it. 10 marks
Ans: Refer article 7.7 and 7.9 of ED 2e - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
1. b. ii) Draw the orthographic views for the given isometric views using free hand:
(1) Front view (2) Top view (3) Side view. Mark the dimensions. 15 marks
(1) P, 35 mm behind the VP and 20 mm below the HP
(2) Q, 40 mm infront of the VP and 30 mm above the HP
(3) R, 50 mm behind the VP and 15 mm above the HP
(4) S, 40 mm below the HP and in the VP
(5) T, 30 mm infront of the VP and 50 mm below the HP 10 marks
2. a. ii) The end P of a line PQ, 70 mm long is 15 mm above the HP and 20 mm in front of the VP. Its 50 mm long plan is inclined at 45° to the VP. Draw the projections of the line and find its true inclinations with the VP and the HP. 10 marks
Ans: Refer ED 2e - Basant Agrawal, TMH.
4. a) A cylinder of diameter 60 mm and height 80 mm has a central hexagonal slot of side 20 mm running right through the length. The cylinder is lying on the HP with its axis perpendicular to the VP. A vertical cutting plane cuts the cylinder in such a way that it meets the bases at 6 mm from diametrically opposite ends. Draw the sectional front view and the true shape of the section. 20 marks
Ans: Refer problem 17.19 page 17.22 of ED 2e - Basant Agrawal, TMH.