Principles of Engineering Drawing/Graphics, Drawing Instruments and their Use, Conventions in Drawing, Lettering practice, BlS Conventions.
a) Conic Sections including the Rectangular Hyperbola- General method only.
Construction of different types of Scales. Plain, Diagonal and Vernier scales.
Principles of Orthographic Projections, Conventions, First and Third Angle Projections
Projections of Points
Projections of Planes
Projections of regular solids cube, prisms, pyramids, tetrahedran, cylinder and cone, axis inclined to both planes.
Sections and Sectional Views
Right Regular Solids- Prism, Cylinder, Pyramid, Cone. Use of Auxiliary views.
Development of Surfaces of Right Regular Solids- Prisms, Cylinder, Pyramid, Cone and their parts, Frustum of solids.
Intersection of Solids
Intersection of Cylinder vs Cylinder, Cylinder vs Prism. Cylinder vs Cone.
Principles of Isometric Projection, Isometric scale, Isometric views, Conventions, lsometric Views of Lines, Plane Figures, Simple and Compound Solids, lsometric Projection of Objects having Non- Isometric Lines. lsometric Projection of Spherical Parts.
Conversion of isometric views to orthographic views- simple objects only.
Perspective View- Points, Lines, Plane Figures, Vanishing Point Methods (General Method only).
- Engineering Drawing – Basant Agrawal and C.M. Agrawal. McGraw Hill (India) Education Pvt. Ltd.
- Engineering Drawing – N.D. Bhat. Charotar Publications.
- Engineering Drawing – P I Varghese. Tata McGraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd.
- Engineering Drawing – P.J. Shah. S.Chand Publishers.
- Engineering Drawing – Johle. Tata McGraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd.
- Engineering Drawing – M.B. Shah and B.C. Rana, Pearson.
- Engineering Drawing – K.Venu Gopal and V.Prabu Raja. New Age Publications.
- Engineering Graphlcs for Degree – K.C. John. PHI Learning Publisher.