(Common for Civil, ME, AE, ME (M), MME, AU, Mining, Petroleum, CEE, ME (Nanotech)) w.e.f. 2-Aug-2016
- To provide basic concepts in engineering drawing.
- To impart knowledge about standard principles of orthographic projection of objects.
- To draw sectional views and pictorial views of solids.
- Preparing working drawings to communicate the ideas and information.
- Read, understand and interpret engineering drawings.
Principles of Engineering Graphics and their Significance,
Conic Sections including the Rectangular Hyperbola – General method only.
Cycloid, Epicycloid and Hypocycloid Involute.
Scales – Plain, Diagonal and Vernier Scales.
UNIT – II
Principles of Orthographic Projections – Conventions.
Projections of Points and Lines
Projections of Plane regular geometric figures. Auxiliary Planes.
Projections of Regular Solids – Auxiliary Views.
Sections or Sectional views of Right Regular Solids – Prism, Cylinder, Pyramid, Cone – Auxiliary views – Sections of Sphere.
Development of Surfaces
Development of Surfaces of Right Regular Solids – Prism, Cylinder, Pyramid and Cone
Principles of Isometric Projection – Isometric Scale – Isometric Views – Conventions – Isometric Views of Lines, Plane Figures, Simple and Compound Solids – Isometric Projection of objects having non- isometric lines. Isometric Projection of Spherical Parts. Conversion of Isometric Views to Orthographic Views and Vice-versa – Conventions.
Basic principles only
- Engineering Drawing – Basant Agrawal and C.M. Agrawal. McGraw Hill (India) Education Pvt. Ltd.
- Engineering Drawing/ M.B. Shah, B.C. Rane / Pearson..
- Engineering Drawing / N.S. Parthasarathy and Vela Murali/ Oxford
- Engineering Drawing N.D. Bhatt / Charotarr.