For First Year Batch Entering in Year 2016 and onwards
Note: There is internal assessment of 50 marks and practical 100 marks.
University do not conduct examination for this subject.
Unit I Introduction
Unit II AUTO CAD 2–Sheets
Unit III Orthographic Projections 2–Sheets
Introduction, Definitions - Planes of projection, reference line and conventions employed, Projections of points in all the four quadrants, Projections of straight lines (located in First quadrant/first angle only),True and apparent lengths, True and apparent inclinations to reference planes.
Unit IV Orthographic Projections of Plane Surfaces (First Angle Projection Only) 1-Sheet
Introduction, Definitions–projections of plane surfaces–triangle, square, rectangle, rhombus, pentagon, hexagon and circle, planes in different positions by change of position method only.
Unit V Projections of Solids (First Angle Projection Only) 2-Sheets
Introduction, Definitions – Projections of right regular tetrahedron, hexahedron (cube), prisms, pyramids, cylinders and cones in different positions.
Unit VI Sections and Development of Lateral Surfaces of Solids 2–Sheets
Introduction, Section planes, Sections, Section views, Sectional views, Apparent shapes and True shapes of Sections of right regular prisms, pyramids, cylinders and cones resting with base on HP.
Unit VII Isometric Projection (Using Isometric Scale Only) 2–Sheets
Introduction, Isometric scale, Isometric projection of simple plane figures, Isometric projection of tetrahedron, hexahedron(cube), right regular prisms, pyramids, cylinders, cones, spheres, cut spheres.
- Engineering Drawing by Agrawal and Agrawal, Tata McGraw Hill.
- Engineering Drawing - N.D. Bhatt & V.M. Panchal, Charotar Publishing House, Gujarat.
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing - S. Trymbaka Murthy, -I.K. International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Engineering Drawing by N.S. Parthasarathy and Vela Murali, Oxford University Press
- Engineering Graphics - K.R. Gopalakrishna, Subash Publishers Bangalore.
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawing with an Introduction to Interactive Computer Graphics for Design and Production-Luzadder Warren J., Duff John M., Eastern Economy Edition, Prentice-Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Computer Aided Engineering drawing, Prof. M. H. Annaiah, New Age International Publisher, New Delhi.